Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Chasing Change

Do you go through cycles or sporadic times in your life seeking or “chasing” change due to boredom which could relate to insecurities? Maybe never committing to learn more about who you are as an individual as God sees you, or as you see yourself?

Or maybe your life has evolved to appease another instead of learning who you as His child, as an individual. A relationship with God is one on one. It’s personal and intimate. When you are learning more about yourself through God’s eyes, He wants time with just you in prayer, devotion or worship to know you and you to know your God.

"I am the LORD, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God, I will gird you, though you have not known Me; That men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun, that there is no one besides Me. I am the LORD, and there is no other” Isaiah 45:5 (NIV)

If you are discontent with your life and worldly goods…maybe thinking a new car… a new diet… or new clothes… new tools… a new boat, etc., maybe anyone of those options or others would hopefully create some excitement and change.

Based on my experience, I have discovered those are temporary solutions and often costly, financially and emotionally, only to learn the root of my problem. I was not secure with myself or I would not have been chasing change for so long. I tried to find happiness in material possessions.

Giving God complete control will resolve any issues you have in your life. I am living proof of a miraculous change of heart as I currently live on faith with my business.

Deep seeded trust in the Father is so much easier to say than do. I know. I was chasing change with chaos constantly bombarding my thoughts as panic would often eruption. Basically, it was the adversary keeping me spinning with whisperings to deceive what I thought I had to have!

Until I made the decision to trust God completely, I knew I would continue to live in a world of confusion as I was allowing deceit to overshadow truth.


Once I learned fear was the root to my insecurities, anxiety, nervousness…. “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” II Timothy 1:7 (KJV) I was no longer was afraid of the “what if’s” in my life. Once I fully grasped the absolute truth is Jesus Christ, then my fears subsided. My mindset changed because truth wipes out fear.

“For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever.” Romans 1:25 (NASB)


When I allowed God to instill His truth and unconditional love within me because I chose Him, I chose His will, His ways... the compulsive and spontaneous nature of having to change or purchase material things ceased. Of course, I was and am still tested. But I am far from where I was when I lean on God for His strength.

In reflecting on my life, I was literally chasing change in a metaphorical sense… as if coins or paper money were scattered with the wind carriying them in different directions while I would chase any change, believing that would make me happy.

Where was I headed? What was my true North?

My compass was way off as it seemed my needle was constantly fluctuating, spinning round and round. But my true North is God; I seek the Trinity with a complete new mindset every day.

It takes a lot of discipline to renew your mind and change your ways. I desired God to make me a new person. I prayed to have a closer relationship with Him, I discovered more about Him, about me, about my world with Him in the center.


“And He said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 18:3 (NIV) Once I rededicated my life to Him, I felt completely secure and content with who I was as a child of God.

This kid is no longer chasing change. I know the direction I am headed... and you know what…. I am not nearly as tired figthing against my old sef!

Praise God for His peace when we give everything to Him!

+ + +