Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mouse Trap

Computer time. It seems everyone has a computer or access to a computer. It's a preferred way to obtain and receive information quickly. There are probably as many internet sites as there are people in the United States!

When I log on to my internet service, immediately my eyes start transferring all the data my mind can absorb. Not so much because it’s what I might want to read but it’s all projected in multiple formats through words, pictures, and graphics which attract your eye to places you otherwise might not see. It’s absolutely incredible how far technology has progressed in this day and for ALL ages.

If I don’t stay focused on the very reason… sometimes, I don’t have a reason… but if I don’t stay focused, really focused – I can be caught for hours in the world’s largest mouse trap!


Years ago, I was a BIG movie buff. When I see a story about a famous actor from the days when I spent hours into movies; it gets my attention. It’s amazing how enticing the headlines can be, especially the pictures which can lead me down a path of sin without realizing it. “WHAT?...you say. “Do you go to THOSE web sites?” No… not the ones known to be blatantly wrong.

The sites I am referring to lead me to professional “gossip” web sites. Often, before I realize it, I'm being redirected away from my original site. These stories appear to be true. But when I search for accurate facts in the articles, it’s really an opinion, not the facts.

Confession time: I am the worst to scroll down to see what everyone else has to say. AWK! Another trap! I often refer to some of the blog sites as “clog” sites. They just clog up your mind with nothing good. It’s more junk than good views or facts. For example, our arteries get clogged with the food we ingest that doesn’t digest well. The same goes for information we allow to enter our minds. Clog or Blog? That’s a decision I have to make every time I use the internet.

“Preprayer Yourself” is a site based on my viewpoints and experience but also I provide Scriptures a.k.a. truth. I can not vouch for all sites or stories of great interest to provide me with the truth.

The truth, as hard as it is to talk and walk every moment of my life, is what sets apart fiction from reality.

We make choices all the time. Everything we choose to wear to the way we dress, what we drive, what we eat… where we eat… how we eat… when we eat… if we eat… it’s endless!

Life each day – as most of us are blessed to wake up breathing and able to do for ourselves – feel as if that day is endless until we retire for rest.


Endless is the amount of time I often find which I spend on the computer in the proverbial mouse trap. Some days, the “site-seeing” can be fun. Other days I feel as if I just allowed the enemy to splatter nasty dark stains on what started out as a fresh clean mind set.

Each day, I usually always start with a prayer before my feet hit the floor. Renewing my mind to be One with the Father, the Triune, is the most important prayer of the day for me. It’s like breakfast for my Spirit and Soul as food is for our bodies.


“But that's no life for you. You learned Christ! My assumption is that you have paid careful attention to Him, been well instructed in the truth precisely as we have it in Jesus.

Since, then, we do not have the excuse of ignorance, everything—and I do mean everything—connected with that old way of life has to go. It's rotten through and through. Get rid of it!

And then take on an entirely new way of life—a God-fashioned life, a life renewed from the inside and working itself into your conduct as God accurately reproduces His character in you.” Ephesians 4:22-24 (MSG)

My determination to stay focused on what is, and what is NOT important in the infinity of the internet is one area of weakness I work to improve.

Proud men have hidden a snare for me; they have spread out the cords of their net and have set traps for me along my path. Selah. Psalm 140:5 (NIV)

So, the learning lesson for me: Every time I use a computer, I'm going to pray to stay focused on my goal, the very reason I went to the “inner-net” of “web sights” that can enhance a plug in trance, absorbing the “cheesy” information which is the enemy’s (mouse) trap.

Our days may appear endless, but each of us need to ensure our destination is Eternity. So, beware of mouse traps! One click could be a nasty spiritual entrapment. Cheese wisely.


+ + +